Source: trailers Youtube channel
"President Abraham Lincoln's mother is killed by a supernatural creature, which fuels his passion to crush vampires and their slave-owning helpers."
The film is based on the 2010 mashup novel Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. The film is directed by Timur Bekmambetov and is produced by Bekmambetov and Tim Burton. The novel's author, Seth Grahame-Smith, wrote the adapted screenplay. The book starts out:
"Indiana, 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin, where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his suffering mother's bedside. She's been stricken with something the old-timers call "Milk Sickness."
"My baby boy..." she whispers before dying.
Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother's fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire.
When the truth becomes known to young Lincoln, he writes in his journal, 'henceforth my life shall be one of rigorous study and devotion. I shall become a master of mind and body. And this mastery shall have but one purpose...'. Gifted with his legendary height, strength, and skill with an ax, Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House.
While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years."
- Benjamin Walker as Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Mary Todd Lincoln, Lincoln's wife.
- Rufus Sewell as Adam, the lead vampire villain.
- Jimmi Simpson as Josh Speed, Lincoln's friend and assistant.
- Dominic Cooper as Henry Sturges, Lincoln's mentor in vampire hunting.
- Anthony Mackie as William Johnson, Lincoln's valet and friend.
- Robin McLeavy as Nancy Lincoln, Lincoln's mother.
- Alan Tudyk as Stephen A. Douglas, an American politician from Illinois.
- Marton Csokas
- Cameron M. Brown as Willie Lincoln, Abraham and Mary's son